For Teachers & Administrators
What are you looking for?
Product Catalog > Manufacturers > Exploring Robotics > Exploring Robotics with Electronics for Boe-Bot - Single
Features & Benefits
Exploring Robotics with Electronics for Boe-Bot
Curriculum and Robots for an Introduction to Electronics for
STEM, Electronics, Programming, Mechatronics, Engineering, and Robotics
programs Grades 8-14.
Physical Sciences and Math while teaching Electronics and Basic
Programming Language with the Boe-Bot Robot and Exploring Robotics with
Turn-Key, Active Learning Curriculum. Now
any math, science, or technology teacher can teach with fun robots!
No engineering or programming experience required; just a few hours of
online training with technical support available when you need it.
- 3D models provide step by step instructions for Hands-on robot building activities.
- Video presentations for quick comprehension of mechanics, electronics, and engineering concepts.
- Simulation labs with software to control a variety of robots and ROVs.
- Flexible lesson plans with worksheets and quizzes for 18, 36, or more weeks.
- Online lessons can be viewed on tablets or other devices. Windows computer is required to program the robot.
- Students work alone
or in teams of 2 or 3. Students are actively engaged in lab activities
with this package. They assemble, program, and control the Boe-Bot
robot from Parallax.com (one of the most popular educational robots in
- Great for high
school elective courses, technical schools, after school programs, robot
merit badges, job training, and college entry-level course for
Electronics, Engineering, Mechatronics, or Technology programs.
SELF-PACED Curriculum Features:
- 24 Video presentations
with over 13 hours of exciting videos that teach about robots in real
world, technology history, systems, motors, sensors, ROVs, and much
- Activities with Worksheets and Videos to
accompany the Parallax Boe-Bot provide an introduction to each chapter
and 3D models with step by step instructions on how to assemble the
robot and place electronic components in the breadboard.
- Code-Assist software to help students learn programming commands and avoid typing errors.
- Videos provide electronics background information about resistors, breadboards, schematics, input and output, and power flow.
- With Simulator curriculum, students
control an underwater ROV similar to those used in oil exploration. Fly
an ROV similar to the Predator used in the military. Control a ground
ROV similar to the ones used to disarm explosives. Operate a 6 DOF
material handling robot similar to those used in automotive
manufacturing. Learn how to calculate the position of robot arms in 3D
space along with other engineering, math, and science concepts.
Comprehensive Curriculum Features
Easy to implement in your class....
- Modular online lessons (50-55 minutes)
- Student e-books (printable)
- Worksheets for each lesson (Word docs)
- Hands-on Project based robot activities
- Engaging content-rich videos
- Step by step instruction with 3D models
- Teamwork projects
- Quiz questions and answer keys (Word Docs)
- Enrichment activities
- Web links and Interactive Learning
- Simulations and Animations
- Flexible Lesson Plans and printed Teacher Guides
- Grading Rubrics and Assessments
- Incorporates Engineering Design into lessons
- Career exploration videos and assignments
Recommended - by teachers, students, and parents
- for ages 13 and up,
- for boyscouts robot badge,
- for robotics clubs,
- for applying STEM, physics, and common core math concepts,
- for reaching technology literacy (STL) benchmarks,
- for Career Tech Ed - STEM, Information Technology, Engineering, and Manufacturing,
- for SKILLS USA - Electronics, Mechatronics, and Engineering
Single User (or Teacher) Boe-Bot Robot with Exploring Robotics Self-paced Curriculum
- 1 Boe-Bot Robot USB kit
- 1 Exploring Robotics for Electronics Curriculum - Individual License for one computer
Includes video Presentations, Simulations, and Boe-Bot Activities for
10 to 16 weeks of online self-paced lessons, hands-on robot activities,
and lots of robot simulations.
- Accessories: USB cable, plus 4 AA rechargeable batteries, 8 bay
battery charger, and 12 inch storage case all together in one package.
Save with this bundle.
We accept school Purchase Orders
Learning Services Phone: 1-800-877-9378 Fax: 1-800-815-5154 P.O. Box 10636, Eugene, OR 97440