Exploring Robotics with ARX ASURO Robot - Classroom PackItem #: ER-ASURO-Clab
Publisher: Exploring Robotics
Grade Level: 8-14
Exploring Robotics with the ARX ASURO Robot
STEM/CTE Curriculum for Robotics, Electronics, and C Programming FOR GRADES 8-14
students the next step in robotics and electronics with hands-on robot
building and PCB soldering activities. Great for computer lab,
classroom, self-study, or distance learning!
Students work alone or in teams of 3 or 4, apply science and math knowledge and learn:
Applied Physics concepts:
· Electric current, magnetism, electrostatics, and electromagnetic induction
· Properties of light, reflection, light waves, and data transmitted with infrared waves
· Force, friction, mass and weight, momentum, heat, temperature, and energy
· Linear motion, rotational motion, torque, and acceleration
Engineering / Mechatronics skills:
· Engineering process – design, prototype, test, and finished assembly process.
· Critical thinking, troubleshooting, and prototyping
· Robotics, microcontrollers, motors, gears, torque, gear reduction
· Electronic Symbols and reading Schematic Diagrams
· Printed Circuit Board and Solder-less breadboard
· Soldering and Troubleshooting solders
· Multi-meter use, reading voltage, resistance, and capacitance
· DC Power and batteries, and voltage dividers
· Electrical and electronic circuits with microcontroller
· Ohms law and Kirchhoff’s law
· Series circuits, parallel circuits, and series-parallel circuits
· Diodes, transistors, capacitors, phototransistors, and other components
· Logic Gates – AND, OR, NOR
Computer Science / Programming skills:
· Creating and compiling a C program and debugging programs
· Using functions and including function libraries
· Inputs and outputs with microcontroller ports
· Variables and Memory Usage
· Number Systems – Binary, ASCII, Hexadecimal, alphanumeric
· Conditions, Loops, Pointers, Vectors, and other C language concepts
Self-paced online lessons with video for teaching electronics, physics, c-programming, and mechatronics. Great for college or high school labs!
Includes teacher package and license for all computers in a lab.
Requires Windows PC Computers for programming robots
Requires ARX ASURO Robots - sold separately or look for the combined package.