ClueFinders 3rd Grade Adventures - Mac / Win HybridItem #: MKV012MS2
Publisher: Software MacKiev
Grade Level: 3
Platform: Mac / Win
Deep within the Numerian rain forest, the ClueFinders-Joni, Santiago, Leslie, and Owen-have stumbled upon a mystery. The animals are disappearing. The goo is being polluted. And now, Joni's Uncle Horace, a well-known scientist, has disappeared, just as he was about to shed some light on the strange happenings in the forest.
The ClueFinders need your help. They have heard a legend about Mathra, a monster who was believed to have terrorized the inhabitants of ancient Numeria. The ClueFinders think that Mathra has returned and is responsible for the current troubles in the rain forest. They also believe that to solve the mystery, they will need to find the keys to the ancient Lost City.
Rescuing Uncle Horace and the animals, stopping Mathra, and restoring order to the rain forest will take courage, patience, and many different types of skills. The ClueFinders are waiting for you. Are you ready to join them on their important mission?
In The ClueFinders' 3rd Grade Adventures, students solve individual problems or sets of problems involving mathematics, logic, geography, science, reading, and language arts. Each of the program's 24 activities builds on third graders' growing abilities in abstract thinking, problem solving, and logical reasoning as well as on their avid interest in mystery and adventure. Numerous activities call on students to apply essential mathematics, reading, and language arts skills taught in the third grade classroom. Additional activities encourage students to review as well as broaden what they know in two key content areas - geography and science. Students can play the game at any of four levels.
• 24 activities at any of four levels
• Build skills in 6 academic areas
• A.D.A.P.T. learning technology adjusts the program as the player makes progress
• Progress reports to monitor progress and celebrate achievements
• Special practice mode to hone skills without affecting the score
• Develops observation and visual memory skills, problem-solving strategies, and deductive reasoning
• Builds awareness of geography, culture and history
• Encourages reading and builds vocabulary
• Provides practice in computation, whole numbers, fraction, decimals, and simple geometry
• Reinforces logic and scientific-thinking skills including collecting data, observing patterns, and forming and testing hypotheses
Mac OS X Edition Minimum System Requirements:
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later, including macOS Sierra 10.12
Processor: G3 233 MHz or faster, including any Intel-based Mac
Memory: 128 MB RAM
Display: 800 x 600, Thousands of Colors
Free Hard Disk Space: 650 MB
DVD drive: for installation
Windows Edition Minimum System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows XP SP3 or later, including Windows 10
Processor: 1 GHz Intel or equivalent
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Display: 800 x 600, 32-bit color
Free Hard Disk Space: 480 MB
DVD drive: for installation