STAR Program Level 3 Complete KitItem #: 14490
Publisher: Pro-Ed Inc
Grade Level: K-12
STAR Program: Strategies for Teaching Based on Autism Research – Level III, Complete Kit
Use this comprehensive, research-based program to teach children with autism the critical skills identified by the 2001 National Research Council. The STAR program includes detailed lesson plans, teaching materials, documentation, and ongoing assessment. Students with autism and other developmental disabilities systematically master receptive language, expressive language, spontaneous language, functional routines, pre-academic and academic skills, social interaction, and play skills.
Select this level if your student can use two or more words (or pictures) to communicate. Additionally, your student should be able to label objects, identify numbers and letters, identify a few words by sight reading, and follow most classroom routines with verbal directions or picture schedule.
With Level III, teach students to:
* expand vocabulary and phrase length
* use prepositions and pronouns
* read more functional sight words
* write with dictation and from memory
* read a simple story in a book. identify and use money
* tell time and use this skill with their classroom schedule
* add and subtract one-digit numbers
* follow more complex routines such as computer use, transitioning between locations and large group activities in and out of the classroom
* participate in school routines such as music, PE, lunch, and recess
* play interactively with peers.
* Applied Behavioral Analysis forms the instructional base of this comprehensive program.
* Educators, paraprofessionals, SLPs, and parents will find the STAR program easy to implement.
* Lessons plans can be easily tailored to meet the needs of individual students.
* Student Learning Profiles enable educators to plan lessons for each student and monitor progress for IFSPs and IEPs.
* The manipulatives and blackline masters enable educators to use their time teaching rather than gathering materials.
* The Program Manual describes how to implement the research-based teaching techniques of Discreet Trial Training, Pivotal Response Training, and Functional Routines.
* The program meets the needs of students at various developmental levels with the three levels of the STAR Program.
Level III Complete Kit includes: Color coded folders printed with lesson details; Black Line Masters book with reproducible forms, customizable lesson plans and student worksheets; Student Learning Profile (5); flashcards and photo cards; manipulatives; a Program Manual covering all three levels of the STAR Program and a sturdy storage box.