AUTISM SELF CONTROL 5/SET
Students with autism relate to Matt and Molly who approach sensitive, challenging, and confrontation topics with respect and dignity. Students learn to discern inappropriate from appropriate behaviors as a first step to modifying their own actions in each well-written manual.
This five-program set features 40 stories based on utilizing self-control in specific situations. Follow-up questions improve comprehension of the concepts taught in each simply illustrated story. A role-play activity rounds out each lesson.
The individual books include:
- 8 illustrated stories
- our full-color, 8½" x 11" pictures per story (32 total pictures)
- 10 yes/no and 10 wh- and how comprehension questions per story
- a role-playing activity and list of easy to find props
Each lesson follows a predictable format, making it easy for students with autism to transition from story to story. The lessons can be used with one student, a small group, or an entire class.
The 5-program set consists of:
- Self-Control When Eating
- Self-Control When Touching
- Self-Control When Talking
- Self-Control When Impulsive
- Self-Control When Anxious
Complete 5-Program Set includes:each program 28-page lesson plan book; 32, 8½" x 11" story cards; 10 perforated sheets with large print sentences, question flash cards, and wrong/right cards; progress monitoring chart; vinyl folder. (©2014)