Boe-Bot Engineering Expansion 10 Class Lab Package -
Take Boe-Bot to the next level with engineering and programming
activities. Each Engineering Expansion kit includes these add-on robot
kits (Crawler, Ping Sonar, Line Follower, Tank Treads), plus a Remote
and Engineering Challenge kit. Comes in storage case with removable
boxes for each kit, and storage boxes for screws to keep organized.
Gain additional engineering skills for Boe-Bot using more sensors, assemblies, programming challenges and competitions.
Curriculum and Boe-Bot robots not included. Purchase separately.
Features & Benefits
Boe-Bot Engineering Expansion Kit
STEM/CTE Curricullum and Add-On Kits for Parallax Boe-Bot Robot for
Mechatronics, Robotics, Programming, and Engineering Programs for Grades
Engaging Robotics Curriculum and Kits
- Teach additional engineering skills with Boe-Bot using more sensors, mechanical assemblies, electronics, programming challenges and competitions.
- Take students to the next challenge level with engineering and programming activities where
they have to find their own answers, use trial and error to solve
problems, and document their work in an engineering notebook.
- Engage students with the included more than 10·fun competitions.
- Hands-on Assembly Kits include Crawler, Gripper,
Ping ))) sonar, Line··Follower, ·Tank Treads,·Remote Control with IR
sensor, and additional parts for Engineering Design and Build
- Intermediate level for Grades 8 and up. Requires Boe-Bot Robot Kit. Assumes students have already completed assembly and programming of Boe-Bot.
- Everything needed for success.- The combined package
includes five kits, remote control, engineering challenge parts, and
convenient storage case with removable compartments housing each of the
kits plus additional storage boxes for small parts.
Generate Interest in STEM Careers
ey Features and Benefits:
- Comprehensive: Four to Six challenging activities
for each kit with instruction and concept videos, worksheets, 3D
assembly models, and enrichment challenges.·
- Expansive: Lessons for 30 to 50 hours. Teachers can
either expand their Digital Electronics and Programming with Boe-Bot
course to a full year or offer a second class.
- Successful: Step by step instructions in both video
and print for assembly of kits and ·programming helps assure student
success and prepares for challenges.
- Challenging: Programming requires that students
build on prior skills, and learn new skills on their own.· For the
engineering challenge students design and build their own add-on arm and
enclosure for Boe-Bot using supplied parts and add their own parts to
- Engaging: Competitions to show off skills learned. Each kit has one or two competitions included and students may design their own.
- Rigorous Instruction: Additional videos to learn
physics and engineering concepts and provide motivation for engineering
challenges where students design and buld their own add-on components
- Accountability: Questions to answer and worksheets to turn in with program code for each activity.
- Easy access:·Entire curriculum with lesson
instructions, video, printable instruction guides, ·sample programs, and
worksheets are accessed online from an easy to use menu system, nothing
extra to install on computers. ·Students can turn in word processing
work sheets with links to video for proof of completion. · Additional
materials are provided online for instructors.
Parallax IDE system requirements:
- Chromebook, Linux, Windows, or Mac OS X operating system
- Google Chrome browser (installed)
- Serial port or USB 2.0 port plus USB Drivers
- Internet connection (only for driver installation and Google account syncing)
- Serial or USB BASIC Stamp 2 Development Board
- Note: Requires 4 AA batteries, not included, and a PC running Windows XP/Vista/7. Recommended for ages 13 and up.
Board of Education development board with a BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller (#28803)
Durable brushed-aluminum chassis with mounting holes for servos and accessories (#700-00022)
Parallax continuous rotation servos for the drive wheels (#900-00008)
Sensors including whisker-switches, phototransistors, and infrared emitter/receiver pairs
LEDs and a piezospeaker for audio and visual feedback
All the resistors, capacitors, and jumper wires needed to build the circuits
All the screws, nuts, and other hardware needed to build the Boe-Bot
Parallax #1 Phillips/flathead screwdriver
USB A to Mini-B cable to connect the Boe-Bot to your Windows computer for programming
|Programming Kit||Boe-Bot, ASIC Stamp Activity/ Discovery Kits|
|Software Used||Parallax IDE for Chrome, BASIC Stamp Editor|