Boe-Bot Robot Kit with Individual Curriculum 1 year License
for Grades 8-10.
The lessons provide a companion learning tool for the Boe-Bot mobile
robot from Parallax - with 3D models and step by step instruction on
video for assembly, building electronic circuits, and programming the
robot. Created for use in both classes and self-study, the online
lessons provide video instruction for hands-on learning. This bundle is
great for self study, home school, and teacher trials.
The videos and 3D models provide a realistic view, make it easy to
see close up, and take a student step by step through the construction
of Boe-Bot, testing the motors, calibration, and adding electronic
components for each activity.
robot is capable of line following, roaming, navigating mazes, and much
more. Students learn electronics with the included solderless
breadboard. They also learn programming in a text-based language: Basic
where commands are typed. This is a great transition from graphical
languages like Blockly or Scratch, and much easier to learn than C
because the coding syntax is less demanding.
Boe-Bot Robot is built on a high-quality brushed aluminum chassis that
provides a sturdy platform for the continuous rotation servo motors and
BASIC Stamp® module's
Board of Education carrier board. Many mounting holes and slots may be
used to add custom robotic equipment or off-the-shelf Parallax add-ons.
The rear wheel is a slider ball held in place with a cotter pin. Drive
wheels are molded to fit precisely on the servo spline and held in place
with screws. This robot can be easily dis-assembled for use in
What really makes the Boe-Bot unique is the BASIC Stamp
microcontroller's flexibility of programming when coupled with
breadboard circuit construction. Students quickly learn about sensors
and embedded control projects, from wiring and components to programming
and mechanical dependencies.
Features & Benefits
Build a rolling personal robot and control it with a microcontroller
Recommended - by teachers, students, and parents
Parallax IDE system requirements:
- Chromebook, Linux, Windows, or Mac OS X operating system
- Google Chrome browser (installed)
- Serial port or USB 2.0 port plus USB Drivers
- Internet connection (only for driver installation and Google account syncing)
- Serial or USB BASIC Stamp 2 Development Board
- Note: Requires 4 AA batteries, not included, and a PC running Windows XP/Vista/7. Recommended for ages 13 and up.
- Board of Education development board with a BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller (#28803)
- Durable brushed-aluminum chassis with mounting holes for servos and accessories (#700-00022)
- Parallax continuous rotation servos for the drive wheels (#900-00008)
- Sensors including whisker-switches, phototransistors, and infrared emitter/receiver pairs
- LEDs and a piezospeaker for audio and visual feedback
- All the resistors, capacitors, and jumper wires needed to build the circuits
- All the screws, nuts, and other hardware needed to build the Boe-Bot
- Parallax #1 Phillips/flathead screwdriver
- USB A to Mini-B cable to connect the Boe-Bot to your Windows computer for programming
|Programming Kit||Boe-Bot, ASIC Stamp Activity/ Discovery Kits|
|Software Used||Parallax IDE for Chrome, BASIC Stamp Editor|