The Mastery Test is a domain referenced, nationally field-tested
instrument designed specifically to assess the performance of students
using the Edmark Reading Program. This highly reliable and relevant test consists offour subtests that closely mirror the instructional format of the Edmark Reading Program.
Discrimination and Picture/Phrase Match subtests can be administered in
a group setting. The Word Recognition and Oral Reading subtests require
individual administration by teachers or paraprofessionals.
The Mastery Test can be used
- For continuous progress monitoring in the Edmark Reading Program
- To determine the students mastery of the program
- As a placement instrument for students whose instruction in the Edmark Reading Program has been interrupted
- To identify targeted reading objectives for the students IEP
- Edmark Reading Program Progress Monitoring and End-of-Year Testing
information on administration, scoring, and interpreting results is
provided in the Mastery Test Manual. Administer the Mastery Test (a) at
the beginning of the school year to obtain baseline data and make
placement decisions, (b) after every 50 lessons (or as needed) to show
progress, and (c) at the end of the school year to report student
progress to the next years teacher.
Edmark Reading Program Second Edition, Level 2 Mastery Test includes: Manual, 15 Student Booklets, 15 Scoring Forms, 15 Summary Forms (2011).