Motivating card games give students valuable experience in talking about their feelings and practicing a variety of new speech behaviors. Six different card games facilitate therapy for the emotional, physical, and cognitive aspects of stuttering.
Students practice skills in a fun, comfortable environment with games like Go Fish, War, Pyramid, and more! The games can supplement any fluency program including a "speak more fluently," "stutter more fluently," and "integrated approach."
There are four 54-card decks loaded with relevant stimuli that prompt students to share their feelings and practice speech behaviors:
- Explore personal feelings, feelings about speaking, and how others react to stuttering.
- What are three things that make you angry?
- Name one thing that confuses you about the way you speak.
- What are two things you like about the way you talk?
Functional Communication Deck
- Talk about and describe situations at school and in the community.
- Who is the funniest student in your class?
- Practice saying, "_________ is the funniest student in my class."
- Describe a time when something funny happened to you at school.
- Talk about personal likes and dislikes.
- What is a fast-food restaurant?
- What is your favorite fast-food restaurant?
- Describe how you place an order at the drive-up window of a fast-food restaurant.
Social Communication Deck
- Practice speaking in common situations with same-age peers. Students talk about their family, likes and dislikes, and after-school activities.
- How do you get home from school?
- Ask a friend to come to your home after school.
- Practice giving directions from your school to your home.
Stuttering Awareness Deck
- Develop an awareness of stuttering and its characteristics by describing fluent speech, analyzing secondary behaviors, using negative practice and pull outs, and describing reactions to stuttering and teasing.
- What do you do when you first feel you are going to stutter?
- Why is it important to practice pull out in speech class?
- Describe three positive ways to react to teasing.
COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES:4 card decks (54 cards per deck), instructions, vinyl bag.