FLUENCY SCENES ELEMENTARY
Eleven proven fluency strategies are pulled together so students learn how, when, and why to use them to improve the amount of fluent speech. Establishing fluent speech outside of the therapy room is challenging.Fluency Scenes–Elementarywill help.
There are 50 scene cards divided into sets of 3-6 cards each inFluency Scenes–Elementary. Each set focuses on a fluency strategy that is taught in small, progressive learning steps. The last set of cards target transfer and maintenance skills. Students learn to use the strategies whenever and wherever they need them.
- Cards 1-5: Establishing Fluency Through Increasingly Longer and More Complex UtterancesOver-exaggerated mouth movements and slow talking rate set the stage for future success. Students learn to make their speech sound like one, big connected unit.
- Cards 6-9: Regulating/Controlling the Breath StreamMastering breath support/control is critical to fluency growth. These exercises are not intended to replicate normal speech but form the foundation for increasing fluency.
- Cards 10-14: Establishing Light Articulatory ContactUsing light articulatory contacts helps the student reduce tension in his speech. This can lead to decreasing the length of time he holds a sound (e.g.," t-t-t-t-table") or recovers from a speech block.
- Cards 15-19: Controlling Speaking RateStudents learn the effect of speaking rate on the fluency of their speech and their ability to use strategies when they stutter.
- Cards 20-24: Oral Planning and CoordinationLearning to imagine or visualize being successful in speaking situations is the goal of this set.
- Cards 25-27: DesensitizationYour student will realize his strengths and weaknesses so he can manage his stuttering moments. Using multiple techniques, he learns to worry less about stuttering and more about building confidence to continue speaking during and after stuttering moments.
- Cards 28-31: Modifying the Stuttering MomentThese exercises will teach your student how to change his stuttering and decrease his frustration.
- Cards 32-35: Reduction of Word Avoidance BehaviorsThis set of exercises helps your student decrease his fear of difficult words or situations.
- Cards 36-40: Self-Awareness and Self-MonitoringDuring these exercises, your student talks about how he stutters and the places/situations, words, phrases, and sounds that are particularly difficult for him. Your student takes ownership of and monitors his speech independently.
- Cards 41-44: Positive Attitude Toward Self and CommunicationHelp your student recognize and embrace his uniqueness, become proud of himself, and realize his stuttering does not control his ability to speak.
- Cards 45-50: Transfer and MaintenanceMotivate your student to work on his speech skills at school, home, and in his community with these activities
To see more of this product's contents:
COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES:50, 8½" x 11" double-sided, coated picture/stimuli cards; instructions; and answer key; all in a vinyl folder.
FLUENCY SCENES ELEMENTARY
- Publisher: Pro-Ed Inc
- Grade Level: All
- Item #: 37645
|Price: $46.00 SRP: $46.00|