Use a success-oriented program to build requisite reading skills in rhyming, segmenting, and sound placement and blending.
This well-established program links phonological awareness instruction with phonetically-controlled reading and spelling activities to build success and carryover. The activities can be used with individuals, small groups, or an entire classroom.
The kit contains:
- 115-page activities manual with goal-directed exercises at word, syllable, phoneme, and grapheme levels (50 reproducible phoneme segmenting activity pages)
- 76 picture cards
- 5 number cards
- family letter
- home activities
The activities are arranged in this developmental hierarchy:
- Rhyming - recognition, discrimination, and production of rhyming words
- Word Level - sentence segmentation and compound word segmentation, blending, isolation, and deletion
- Syllable Level - segmentation, blending, isolation, and deletion
- Phoneme Level - isolation, segmentation, blending, deletion, and substitution
- Grapheme Level - blending and substituting, substituting and decoding, and decoding and encoding
COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES:115-page manual, 81 4" x 5" picture and number cards, all in a vinyl folder. (©1995)