Social Story Readers
A 16-story language arts curriculum for secondary students to practice reading comprehension with social skills stories
A contemporary language arts curriculum for transition age students with a Student Reader, corresponding Instructor's Guide with PDF and Social Story Readers Software that reads the stories aloud to students. The software includes many other features including text highlighting, vocabulary word definitions, testing and a management system.
The Social Story Readers Student Reader book is sold individually or as part of a kit including the teacher's guide and software.
- The Social Story Readers Introductory Kit includes: one Student Reader, one Teacher's Guide, one PDF CD, and the multimedia software on a Win/Mac CD. The PDF CD includes a printable PDF file with a Classroom License that lets you print stories for each student.
- The Social Story Readers Classroom Kit includes: eight Student Reader books, one Teacher's Guide with the PDF CD, and the multimedia software.
Ideal for older students who are reading at a second grade level or below. The Social Story Readers Student Reader presents the short stories in a graphic novel style.
The Social Story Readers Instructor's Guide features the 16 stories plus student activity pages.
The Student Book is a covered spiralbound book, full color, 90 pages, 2006. Written by Shelia Lechler and Debbie Semple. Illustrated by Nick Runge and Gabe Eltaeb. The Instructor's Guide is a covered spiralbound book, black and white, 277 pages, and includes downloadable PDFs with a Classroom License for printouts.
The Social Story Readers Software reads the stories aloud to students with professional narration. Text is highlighted word by word, line by line, or by complete sentence. Graphics are plentiful, contemporary and age-appropriate. A test at the end of each story provides speech support and an optional hint feature that directs students to the page that addresses each question. A unified management system helps the teacher quickly review or print out student performance data. Teachers can determine reading lists and set options that best suit each student's learning style. Choose word-by-word or natural speech narration, select the text highlighting approach and assign tests.
Social Story Readers
|Social Story Readers Introductory Kit
|Price: $149.00 SRP: $159.00|
|Social Story Readers Classroom Kit
|Price: $319.00 SRP: $329.00|
|Social Story Readers Student Book
|Price: $33.00 SRP: $34.00|
Features and Benefits
- Ideal for older students at a 2nd-4th grade reading level
- Includes age-appropriate illustrations and content
- Covers topics including appropriate behavior and accepting change
- Software reads stories aloud with text highlighting
- Software provides speech support and optional hint feature within the testing section
- Software allows teachers to determine reading lists and set options for student learning style