SPOTLIGHT FIGURATIVE LANG 6/SET
In-depth lessons in figurative language help students understand and use abstract expressions. Your students will detect shades of meaning, communicate clearly, and add richness to their verbal expression.
ThisSpotlightseries help upper elementary and junior high students comprehend and use figurative language in communication, reading, and writing. As their confidence builds they'll start using a variety of language forms to add expression to their own verbal and written communication.
The abstract aspects of figurative language are spelled out with clear explanations and examples for students with language disorders. Each book uses the successful formula of theSpotlightseries:
- lessons in general developmental progression
- step-by-step advancement to build success and motivation
- a wide variety of curricular content as well as daily life experiences
- uncomplicated grammar
- current, age-appropriate topics
- a pretest/posttest
Each book targets a specific figurative language skill area. The 6-book set consists of:
- Colorful Language- hyperbole, pleonasms, malapropisms, Tom Swifties, spoonerisms, portmanteau, oxymorons, onomatopoeia, and humor
- Indirect Language- connotations, nonverbal context clues, implied meaning, uses of polite and impolite indirect language, sarcasm, and irony
- Multiple Meanings
6-Book Set • each book 40 pages • 8.5 x 11, softcover • ©2012