Spotlight on Reasoning & Problem Solving: 6-Book Set
SPOTLIGHT REASONING 6 BOOK SET
Build basic reasoning skills with step-by-step instruction in six crucial areas. The activities are designed to build success at every level. Students become purposeful, active thinkers as they focus on one thinking strategy at a time.
Each book targets a specific reasoning and problem solving skill and develops metacognitive thinking with:
- activities sequenced by complexity
- visual cues that are gradually faded
- skills defined in student-friendly terms
- a variety of curricular and daily living topics
- simple sentence structure and vocabulary so students can focus on learning the concepts
- minimal writing requirements at the beginning levels
- a pretest/posttest
The 6-book set consists of:
- Causes & EffectsStudents understand that actions have consequences and that things don't "just happen." There's a reason for the outcomes. This book also explores multiple causes and preventing harmful effects.
- Comparing & ContrastingThis book presents one of the most basic of language and thinking skills through unique visual and verbal activities.
- Facts & OpinionsThese activities help your students separate truth from opinion and decipher messages based on their intentions.
- Making Predictions & InferencesHelp your students piece together information, step-by-step, to make informed and correct inferences and predictions.
- SequencingThis basic building block of logical and critical thinking is presented in its simplest forms first and progresses to multi-step and narrative-based sequences.
- Solving ProblemsStudents learn to approach problems systematically and flexibly. Strategies and visual maps help them plan solutions to simple and more complex problems.
6-Book Set each book 40 pages 8.5 x 11, softcover 2007