Practical Ideas That Really Work for Students with ADHDSecond Edition is just what many educators have been looking for:
product that provides teachers with practical and sensible solutions
for students problems with inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
- A resource for teachers, behavior specialists, psychologists, counselors, and administrators who must document interventions.
- A tool for IEP committees who are charged with developing accommodations for students with ADHD.
sourcebook for prereferral intervention teams, who plan strategies for
students before their placement in specialized programs.
easy to use evaluation form to rate a students behaviors that
interfere with student learning and a matrix to select appropriate
- A book of practical ideas, containing
suggestions for interventions, explanations of strategies, reproducible
forms, and helpful examples.
The Rating ScaleThe
rating scale consists of 54 items measuring three areas: inattention,
hyperactivity, and impulsivity and is linked directly to the planning
matrix, which allows for the selection of several appropriate
interventions. It has been field-tested to ensure reliability and
validity. Reliability coefficients range from .96 to .97. In addition
the scale differentiates between students with ADHD and students without
ADHD. Students with ADHD were rated significantly higher on the scale
than other students.
Changes in the Second EditionThis second edition has changed in the following ways:
- The materials are organized into two age-appropriate versions:
- Preschool Through Grade 4
- Grade 5 Through Grade 12
- All ideas and forms have been updated; several ideas were deleted based on feedback from educators and other professionals.
50% of the ideas have been changed substantially (e.g., new forms have
been included) or are completely new ideas.
To see more of this product's contents:
COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES: Manual and 10 Evaluation Forms (2005)