The flexible format of these cardscolorful, spirited illustrations on the front and a variety of stimuli on the backlets you target a wide range of social skills in groups or individually.
Stimulate observation, dialogue, discussion, reasoning, recall, and perspective taking with questions and narratives on the back of every card. Answers are included so you don't have any prep work!
Activities are based on research from TheSocial Language Development Test–Elementaryand reflect a developmental progression of specific social language skills among 6- to 11-year-olds. The activities complement those inSocial Language Training–Elementarywith more demands on social language comprehension, expression, and reasoning.
Skill areas include:
- Interpreting Facial Expressions & Gesturesidentify, label, and describe emotions; recognize and interpret nonverbal communication appropriately
- Multiple Interpretationsmake multiple, logical interpretations of a scene based on visual and/or context clues
- Solving Problemsanalyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to identify and solve problems
- Making Inferencesmake appropriate inferences based on visual and/or context clues
- Friendshipshow kindness and respect to others and support friends, even when disagreeing with them
- Interpersonal Negotiationlearn to compromise, problem solve, listen, negotiate, and seek mutually-pleasing resolutions to conflicts
- Reading Between the Linesdifferentiate the true meaning of a spoken comment vs. the surface meaning of only words
- Relating Personal Experienceexpress personal experiences and feelings and realize the value of considering other people's perspectives
To see more of this product's contents:
COMPLETE KIT INCLUDES:50, 8½" x 11" double-sided, coated picture/stimuli cards; instructions; and answer key; all in a vinyl folder. • ©2011