- Project Includes:
- Teacher Guide, Student Workbook, Customizable Resources, Assessment Tools, Extension Activities, Sample Files, Templates, Parent Letters, Certificates
- Tech Integration:
- Language Arts
- Tech Skill:
- Graphics, Word Processing
- Google, Microsoft 365, Office 2016, Office 2013
- Word, Docs
Explore text, graphic, and page layout techniques. Revise a publication using Microsoft Word or Google Docs lessons.
Elementary and middle school students assume the role of an editor. They improve the quality of a document to prepare it for publication. Using Google Docs or Microsoft Word, they learn essential word processing skills that allow them to edit a collection of tales written for children. An exploration of text, graphic, and page layout formatting techniques allow them to revise stories, comics, and poetry.
Word Processing Activities for Beginners
Designed especially for elementary and middle schools, lessons introduce word processing with fun activities.
- Develop Expertise
Templates support learners as they master text, picture, and page layout formatting techniques in either Microsoft Word or Google Docs.
- Helpful Resources
TechnoEditor includes a digital Teacher Guide and Student Workbook with easy to follow instructions. Worksheets may be printed or used in PDF format. Assessment tools include marking sheets, quizzes, and a skill checklist.
- Hands-On Activities
Assignments support exploration, discovery, and experimentation. Students gain confidence as they create content for a book. When the story is completed, they share it with a younger student.
Features & Benefits
Session 1 Edit the Front Cover
Format text on the title page of A Collection of Stories Written for Children.
Session 2 Edit a Poem
Apply your formatting skills to make words look like their meaning.
Session 3 Edit a Story
Illustrate a story by formatting images, text wrap, object order, and grouping.
Session 4 Edit a Comic
Explore drawing tools including lines, shapes, and word art.
Session 5 Cut, Copy, and Paste
Edit a story using Cut, Copy, and Paste tools.
Session 6 Final Edit
Check spelling and grammar, edit page layout, and print!
Optional Word Processing Lesson Plans
- Get Help: Gain independence using tools.
- Make a Name Card: Apply text formatting.
- The Lion: Use a template to practice new techniques.
- The Dragon: Practice adding images to a template. .
- Get Creative with Word Art: Learn advanced skills. .
- Balloon Trouble: Illustrate a comic.
Teach Essential Word Processing Skills
Integrate technology into a language arts writing unit. Develop advanced word processing skills using Microsoft Word or Google Docs lessons.
- Revise a publication to improve content and layout
- Format text to communicate a message effectively
- Organize text in a list using bullets or numbering
- Produce a comic strip by combining images and text
- Format lines, shapes, and word art
- Illustrate story events using images
- Apply text wrapping and a picture style to images
- Use cut, copy, and paste to edit a story
- Proofread and correct writing based on guidelines
- Publish a book using technology