Launch a business venture. Propose a unique restaurant concept with entrepreneurship lessons. Build financial literacy.
- Project Includes:
- Teacher Guide, Student Workbook, Customizable Resources, Assessment Tools, Extension Activities, Sample Files, Templates, Parent Letters, Certificates
- Tech Integration:
- Business Studies, Language Arts, Math, Visual Arts
- Tech Skill:
- Graphics, Spreadsheet, Word Processing
- Google, Microsoft 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office Online
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Docs, Drawings, Forms, Sheets, Slides
Create a successful restaurant venture with TechnoRestaurateur entrepreneurship lesson plans. Middle and high school students apply critical and creative thinking to develop a unique business concept. To start, students conduct a survey and interpret the results to make decisions about their restaurant. Next, they create a company logo and write a professional letter to raise seed money. With the funding secured, students design a floor plan. Once the restaurant has operated for a year, financial earnings are analyzed. The business is then advertised using a newsletter to potential investors as a franchise opportunity.
- Entrepreneurship Lesson Plans
Create a blended learning environment. Teach essential computer, curriculum, and life skills such as problem solving, communicating, creative thinking, and self-directed learning. Students survey, plan, propose, design, and analyze earnings of a new restaurant concept.
- Real World Content
Project-based instruction engages students by posing meaningful, relevant problems. In this simulation, students play the role of an entrepreneur launching a new restaurant. They survey their peers to investigate food preferences, write a letter to potential investors, design a company logo, draft an appealing and practical floor plan, graph financial data, and design a business newsletter. These authentic challenges spark student interest and empower them with integrated word processing, spreadsheet, drawing, and presentation skills.
- Student Centered and Teacher Friendly Resources
Provided resources include a Student Workbook in PDF format. Step-by-step instructions promote independence and allow for differentiated learning. The Teacher Guide lists lesson plans, strategies for integration, summary of skills, checklists, and marking sheets. Sample files for each project inspire student creativity.
- Fun Optional Challenges
Extension activities accommodate a variety of learners, interests, and time frames. Discover advanced spreadsheet functions, create an animated ad, and construct an opinion survey.
Features & Benefits
Assignment 1 Become a Restaurateur
Consider how technology can help launch a restaurant venture.
Assignment 2 Learn Basic Spreadsheet Skills
Explore spreadsheets to understand terminology and acquire basic skills.
Assignment 3 Conduct a Survey of Food Preferences
Investigate cuisine favorites by administering a survey to respondents.
Assignment 4 Record Survey Results in a Spreadsheet
Arrange survey results in a worksheet. Format the data to make it easy to read.
Assignment 5 Graph Survey Results as a Pie Chart
Convert survey results into a pie chart. Customize the legend, labels, and chart style.
Assignment 6 Develop Idea from Survey Results
Interpret the meaning of the survey findings to develop a business concept based on evidence.
Assignment 7 Create a Company Logo
Draw a logo that symbolizes the company. Combine shapes to illustrate an original image.
Assignment 8 Write a Professional Letter
Request seed money for the restaurant. Convince investors that the concept will succeed.
Assignment 9 Draft a Floor Plan
Sketch a floor plan for the restaurant that meets the needs of staff and patrons.
Assignment 10 Calculate Monthly Restaurant Earnings
Total monthly profits. Analyze earnings to devise a business strategy.
Assignment 11 Calculate Quarterly Restaurant Earnings
Measure the financial health of the business. Calculate quarterly and average earnings.
Assignment 12 Graph Quarterly Earnings as a Line Chart
Plot quarterly earnings using a line graph. Predict future profits using a trend line.
Use Entrepreneurship Lesson Plans to Launch a Successful Restaurant Venture
TechnoRestaurateur offers a unique way to introduce students to entrepreneurship skills. Students learn spreadsheet, word processing, graphic, presentation, and data management skills. They use Google Sheets or Excel to analyze data, Google Docs or Word to persuade others to invest, and Google Drawings or PowerPoint to create a logo and floor plan. Optional entrepreneurship activities include using Google Slides or PowerPoint to design an advertisement and Google Forms or Excel Survey to measure customer satisfaction.
- Problem-solve to make logical decisions
- Collect data using a survey
- Organize, calculate, and graph data
- Analyze financial earnings using formulas
- Develop a plan based on the evidence
- Format text, adjust page setup, and arrange images
- Write a persuasive letter and newsletter
- Draw and format shapes, lines, and text boxes
- Create a company logo using drawing tools
- Draft a well-organized floor plan
Assignment 13 Design a Business Newsletter
Advertise the restaurant as an investment opportunity. Inform entrepreneurs about the benefits.
Optional Entrepreneurship Lesson Plans for Middle School Students
- Use Functions to Analyze Earnings: Use SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, and COUNT functions.
- Advertise a Deal: Inform customers using an animated bulletin board.
- Use Google Forms or Excel Survey to Rate Opinion: Measure customer satisfaction with a rating scale grid.