Promote an amusement park. Solve challenges: design Word posters, Excel surveys, PowerPoint ads, and more!
- Project Includes:
- Teacher Guide, Student Workbook, Customizable Resources, Assessment Tools, Extension Activities, Sample Files, Templates, Parent Letters, Certificates
- Tech Integration:
- Business Studies, Language Arts, Math, Visual Arts
- Tech Skill:
- Data Management, Database, Publishing, Graphics, Internet, Presentation, Spreadsheet, Word Processing
- Microsoft 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013
- Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word
Includes multiple versions for Office 2019 | 2016 | 2013
Middle and High school students become marketing executives of an amusement park. This challenging job has them use Microsoft Office lessons to complete a wide range of job duties. They use Word to create a poster and animal exhibit sign, Excel to graph survey results regarding a new attraction, PowerPoint to produce a video, Publisher to design an invitation for an exclusive event, and Access to analyze park data. Extension activities challenge students. TechnoWonderland Microsoft Office lesson plans hook student interest!
- Dynamic Microsoft Office Lesson Plans
Unique and innovative project-based middle and high school activities to integrate word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database skills, and more! Students play the role of an executive working at an amusement park. They create a variety of documents – an advertising poster, customer survey, animated billboard, and more.
- Authentic, Real-World Challenge
Hook student interest with relevant, meaningful tasks. Promote active learning as teens and tweens solve everyday problems.
- Promote STEM, CTE, and ICT
Build a foundation in technology skills that will be vital for career readiness. Prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow by developing many essential competencies in one comprehensive project. Encourage tech-savvy young people to extend their collection of computer expertise.
- Classroom Tested Resources
Teacher Guide lists preparation strategies, lesson plans, tips and tricks, and skill summaries. Customizable marking sheets are included for each activity. Student Workbook in PDF format with step-by-step, illustrated instructions may be printed or used in digital format for paperless classrooms. Samples, templates, and checklists help students develop organizational skills and creativity.
- No Time Limit
Features & Benefits
Assignment 1 Become an Executive for an Amusement Park
Invent a theme park.
Assignment 2 Design a Poster Phase 1
Advertise the theme park. Format text to attract attention.
Assignment 3 Design a Poster Phase 2
Complete the advertisement using graphic elements.
Assignment 4 Practice Search Strategies
Develop techniques to find reliable information fast.
Assignment 5 Conduct Internet Research
Apply search strategies to locate facts and images.
Assignment 6 Create Animal Fact Placards
Adjust page layout options to produce exhibit signs.
Assignment 7 Conduct a Survey
Collect data to discover visitors’ preferred attractions.
Assignment 8 Organize Survey Data
Arrange findings in a spreadsheet. Format the cells.
Assignment 9 Graph Survey Data
Analyze results to recommend a new attraction.
Assignment 10 Select an Attraction to Promote
Invent an innovative attraction. Determine features.
Assignment 11 Create Slides About the Attraction 1
Showcase the thrilling new attraction.
Assignment 12 Create Slides About the Attraction 2
Persuade others to visit the park.
Assignment 13 Apply Animations
Animate slide objects to produce a unique advertisement.
Assignment 14 Apply Transitions
Divide the action and set the timing of the advertisement.
Assignment 15 Edit the File and then Export as a Video
Print advertisement. Convert to video.
Assignment 16 Plan the Exclusive Event
Propose a party for season ticket holders. Organize ideas.
Assignment 17 Design the Front Cover of the Invitation
Invite season ticket holders to an event.
Assignment 18 Design the Inside and Back Cover of the Invitation
Decorate the publication.
Assignment 19 Introduction to Databases
Determine the purpose and parts of a database.
Assignment 20 Examine Database Tables and Forms
View park records using different views.
Assignment 21 Find Records to Learn About Visitor Traffic
Discover the popularity of attractions.
Assignment 22 Filter Records to Improve Customer Satisfaction
Resolve issues in the park.
Assignment 23 Sort Attractions to Find Information Fast
Change record order in a database.
Assignment 24 Add a Database Record
Insert a record about the latest park attraction.
Optional Microsoft Office Lessons
- Amusement Park Map: Use symbols and text to make a park map.
- View the Animal Exhibit: Design a poster with SmartArt graphics.
- Park Attractions Photo Album: Use PowerPoint to create a photo album.
- Analyze Visitor Traffic: Calculate and graph with formulas.
- Amusement Park Sign: Use Word to create a sign.
- Make a Voucher: Use Publisher to design a coupon.
- Generate a Calendar: Create a calendar using Publisher.
- Use a Query to Report Height Restrictions: Generate a query and a report.
Transform Students into Experts with Microsoft Office Lessons
Use project based learning with TechnoWonderland Microsoft Office lessons to spark student interest and make learning experiences meaningful. Introduce Word, Internet, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access in one unique themed unit of study. Teach a broad collection of technology skills. Include technology activities as part of a computer application, marketing, entrepreneurship, or business studies course.
- Design a publication for a target audience
- Edit text to attract attention and improve readability
- Insert and format clip art, pictures, wordart
- Adjust page layout: orientation, margins, border
- Apply internet search strategies
- Format and calculate data in a spreadsheet
- Graph data and customize the appearance
- Create slides and modify the design
- Animate slide objects and apply transitions
- View, search, filter, and add records