Become an author. Publish stories using Google Docs or Word templates. Inspire young writers with language activities.
- Project Includes:
- Teacher Guide, Student Workbook, Customizable Resources, Assessment Tools, Extension Activities, Sample Files, Templates, Parent Letters, Certificates
- Tech Integration:
- Language Arts
- Tech Skill:
- Word Processing
- Google, Microsoft 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office Online
- Word, Docs
Primary and elementary students create storybooks using word processing activities. Storybook templates make learning word processing skills easy for young writers. They illustrate, write, edit, and publish stories. Upon completion, authors share their work during story time. Optional activities challenge students with keyboarding tasks, advanced word processing techniques, and the creation of a flipbook. Story writing for kids is easy with Google Docs or Microsoft Word templates.
Ready to Use Story Writing Lessons
Inspire young writers with fun, easy to use templates. Developmentally appropriate for Grades 1 - 3 or ages 4 - 8. For use in nursery school, kindergarten, primary school, elementary school, or home school.
Seamlessly blend literacy and computer skills to maximize children's learning. Creative, open-ended activities allow students to showcase their ideas and interests. Motivate reluctant writers with an engaging project.
Jam Packed Curriculum Resource
Everything teachers need in one ready-to-use project: PDF teacher guide and student workbook, templates, sample files, assessment tools, and program flashcards.
Story Writing for Kids Activities using Google Docs or Office
Develop keyboarding and basic word processing skills using the lessons and storybook templates in TechnoStories. Integrate technology into language arts by having students engage in the stages of the writing process to publish an original storybook.
- Organize story ideas
- Write and illustrate an original story
- Edit and revise pieces of writing
- Share a publication with others
- Reflect on the writing experience
- Format text and images to enhance writing
- Solve design problems
- Accurately type using the keyboard
- Use capital letters appropriately
- Punctuate a sentence
Features & Benefits
Assignment 1 Edit My Puppy Story
Transform text in a story to make the words look like their meaning.
Assignment 2 Illustrate My Day at School
Insert images onto story pages and format the appearance to compose an interesting book.
Assignment 3 Finish the About Me Story
Apply word processing skills to author a personal story by completing sentence starters.
Assignment 4 Plan your Story
Organize ideas for an original story using a planning sheet. Use book titles as inspiration.
Assignment 5 Make a Storybook
Write the beginning, middle, and end of a story using a book template. Illustrate each story page.
Assignment 6 Complete your Storybook
Proofread the storybook using a checklist. Revise spelling, content, and design.
Assignment 7 Share your Book at Story Time
Publish the storybook and share it with a teacher, friend, or parent.
Story Writing for Kids Activities
- About the Keyboard: Introduce the location of keys.
- Be a Keyboard Detective: Learn the function of keys.
- Insert a Web Cam Photo or Saved Photo: Insert a photo.
- Story Writing Ideas: Browse a list of suggested titles to get inspiration.
- Make a Flip Book: Use a free service to make a flipbook.