A collection of 13 projects develop proficiency in digital literacy and coding. Engage learners with STEM lessons.
- Collection Includes:
- Teacher Guides, Student Workbooks, Customizable Resources, Review Questions, Extension Activities, Sample Files, Templates, Parent Letters, Assessment Tools
- Tech Integration:
- Tech Skill:
- Publishing, Digital Citizenship, Graphics, Internet, Photo Editing, Presentation, Programming, Spreadsheet, Web Design, Word Processing
- Google, Microsoft 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office Online
- Excel, Paint, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, Docs, Drawings, Forms, Sheets, Sites, Slides, My Maps, Text Editor, Scratch, IDLE Python 3
Digital Literacy, STEM, and Coding Curriculum for Grades 6-9 ~ The Intermediate Curriculum Collection includes 13 projects: TechnoBiography, TechnoBudget, TechnoCode, TechnoDebate, TechnoEarth, TechnoEnvironment, TechnoHTML5, TechnoMap, TechnoNewsletter, TechnoPython TechnoQuestionnaire, TechnoRestaurateur, and TechnoTravel. Publish a biography, plan a weekend getaway, build a web page, and more!
- Student-Centered STEM Lessons to Build Digital Literacy
Boost student engagement with authentic technology lesson plans for tweens and teens ages 11-14. Launch a business venture, learn financial literacy, code games, publish a newsletter, and more intriguing and meaningful tasks!
- Time-Saving Career and Technical Education Resources
Each CTE technology project includes a comprehensive teacher guide for curriculum planning, student workbook to promote independence, and customizable resources to reinforce learning. Minimize classroom preparation using the provided reproducible worksheets, clear example files, templates, and customizable assessment tools.
- Prepare Students for the Future Workplace
Lesson plans include all the resources you need to integrate technology into learning. Incorporate the activities as part of a curriculum unit, computer class, or after-school program. Engage students with real world challenges.
- Pick the Version That is Right for You
The collection includes instructional materials for Google Docs, Office 365 | 2019 | 2016 | 2013 | Online for the web, Scratch, and Python.
- Simplify Teaching
Purchase price is a one-time fee, not a subscription. Access everything you need from TechnoHub. Reproduce unlimited copies for teachers and students at your location. No restrictions on the number of devices within the classroom, school, or home school environment.
Features & Benefits
Maximize STEM Literacy with Hands-On Activities for Middle School or High School Students
TechnoBiography: Celebrate a remarkable person's life by telling their story.
TechnoBudget: Teach financial literacy. Plan a shopping spree and justify choices.
TechnoCode: Build games, puzzles, and stories using Scratch. Coders create an Activity Studio.
TechnoDebate: Stimulate critical thinking and collaboration with an animated debate.
TechnoEarth: Design an infographic to raise awareness about an environmental issue.
TechnoEnvironment: Become an Earth Keeper. Investigate an issue and inform others.
TechnoHTML: Spark an interest in programming by coding a web page with HTML and CSS.
TechnoMap: Connect people, events, and places. Build an interactive map to explore an area.
TechnoNewsletter: Develop word processing skills by publishing a newsletter.
TechnoPython: Program a series of games using the Python programming language.
TechnoQuestionnaire: Construct knowledge by designing a survey and interpreting the results.
TechnoRestaurateur: Apply problem solving skills to launch a business venture.
TechnoTravel: Strengthen creativity and inquiry skills by organizing a fun weekend getaway.
Digital Literacy Instructional Materials for Kids in Grades 6-9
The Intermediate Curriculum Collection includes open-ended activities that develop STEM skills, personalize learning, and motivate students to want to come to class. The resources are perfect for classroom teachers, librarians, media specialists, computer teachers, remote learning, and homeschool parents. Integrate a project into an existing unit, combine projects to form a computer course, or use lessons as part of a technology workshop series.
- Apply technology safely, ethically, and responsibly
- Competently select technology to achieve a learning goal
- Combine multiple digital resources to solve a problem
- Express creativity using digital tools
- Access, analyze, and communicate information effectively
- Manipulate digital media to design publications
- Build graphic organizers to synthesize information
- Manage data to draw conclusions using spreadsheets
- Apply problem solving strategies to develop and test solutions
- Collaborate with others and work effectively in teams